Thursday 22 April 2010

Evaluation Question 4

4) How did you use media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?

I used InDesign in my first yr of media, so it improved my technological skills ready for year two, some of its icons and tools are similar to that of photoshop. Photoshop i used in both years of my meda course, i improved large amounts from the first time of using it lat year to this year in making my digipak. it enabled me to make a good final product of both the digipak and magazine advertisement.


I used Celtx in the plannig stages of my music video, it is a programme used to make a storyboard, you scan your images in, you then write underneath what would be happening in each scene, this makes it easier when actually filming your video as all your ideas are drafted into a storyboard. After Effects, this programme i used within two parts of my video, the part where the girl writes the words 'i love you' on a window and i also used this programme when i used the kaleidoscope effect. These were two parts of my video that people commented on and said were expecially good. The obvious bit of technology which helped me was Premiere pro, this was the programme which i used to help me construct my film. It allowed me to add differnt effts and cut my footage so that it came together as a music video.


Blogger is an online site where people blog how they are getting on with a project, their work, and the process they are taking. It allows people to comment giving their opinions, this is what i used it for, i posted my video up here and got feedback, it was nice to see what people thought as without people seeing your work it gives you no reason ot be proud.


I used wikipedia in the research part of my A2 course, I had to research the bands music i wanted to use, i also used it in the construction of my digipak, i had to get the track listings for the album i re-created.


I used youtube also in the research part, when i was analysing videos to see the differnt techniques differnt people used and also so i could take into concideration how people use mise-en-scene, location and differnt shots to flatter their video.




After Ihad finished my video I decided to post it onto facebook so that a larger group of people could view it and so that i could get even more feedback. It helped me out in the evaluation stages of my media.

No comments:

Post a Comment